Sunday, 30 November 2008
I realized today with the help of my husband that I have a gift in helping and praying for people. Today I was praying for someone at our church who was unable to attend Sunday morning church due to her work schedule, much to my surprise she was in church today. There is a couple getting married in a couple weeks and they do not have any decorations. I offered to let them use some of the decorations that we had left over. I LOVE helping people. No matter what our financial situation is God always takes care of us and I think that God has called me to help others in need. I also have to vent it is the time of year to help people right? But why can't we do it all year? People always need help whether it be just needing a friendly visit, a phone call or a unexpected meal when finding food to put on the table it hard. I also like to give people insights for how to be money savvy. So what I am trying to say is spread some Christmas cheer all year long. We live in America we have so much yet we forget about all that we have. I am guilty too of forgetting about how much we have, I want a bigger place to put all of my "stuff" in. Why can't we just be content with all that we do have. We always want more. My prayer for you today is that you like me strive to be content with all that God gives us. For the Bible says this world will pass away we can't take it to heaven. Christ is the answer if you don't know the truth in this harsh world ask me how to know the only real truth in this life. Live like today is your last day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment